top of page
  • botccampaign

Registration as a British overseas territories citizen and British citizen

Updated: Jun 29, 2022

Applicant & Caseworker guidance & application forms for registration as a British overseas territories citizen and British citizen children of BOTC parents.

This would be under the following routes: BOTC (F) for children of unmarried BOTC fathers born before 1 July 2006, and BOTC (M) for children born abroad to BOTC mothers before 1 January 1983. All applications must be submitted in paper form using the applicable application forms below. It is hoped the online application service will be available later in 2022.

Application forms:

For BOTC ( F) - BOTC fathers before 1 July 2006

For BOTC (M) - BOTC Mothers before the 1983:

Applicant Guidance for BOTC (F):

Applicant Guidance for BOTC (M):

Caseworker Guidance for BOTC (F) & BOTC (M) PDF print version:

Caseworker Guidance for BOTC (F) & BOTC (M) Online Accessible Version:

Application fees:

All questions should be directed to the Home Office Nationality Helpline email or phone number listed below:

Citizenship-related queries

If having read the information set out in this guidance, you have questions about applying for BOT citizenship and British citizenship, you can email the Citizenship and Nationality Enquiries team at:

You should also contact them to let them know if your circumstances change.

If you’ve not had a response, we recommend checking your email’s spam or junk folder before contacting UKVI again.

Alternatively, you can get in touch via telephone at +44 (0)300 790 6268. You will need to select option 2, then option 2 again. You can get in touch Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 4:45 pm, or Friday, from 9 am to 4:30 pm. Information about call charges can be found here.

If you cannot contact UK 0300 numbers, use +44 (0)203 875 4669.

131 views0 comments
bottom of page